SOS Children's Villages partners with international companies to foster employability of young people all over the world. With our projects we cover 26 countries and reach out to thousands of youth and thousands of volunteers helping to make the activities a success.
How it works
Employees are volunteering during working and private hours to support and guide the young people to develop the skills and confidence to enter the professional world. By sharing their professional and personal experience, employees seek to inspire and motivate the youth so that the young people are more prepared to step into the professional life.
The partnerships cover a wide variety of activities;: when it comes to employability, the following topics are usually covered:
- Job orientation - to help youth understanding the job market
- Soft and basic skills training - to prepare for entering the job market
- Professional skills training
- Exposure to professional working environment
- Entrepreneurship incubators- to prepare young people to start their own business
Participation in such activities have clear benefits both for young people and the volunteers:
For Young People
- strengthened self-confidence
- sense of responsibility
professional skills & career guidance
- increased employee engagement
- the ability to give back to society
- new knowledge and skills
- awareness of social gaps
The examples on this page showcase the activities that the partners are offering and put into practice on-site all over the world.